Cirrus-Authorized CAPS Parachute Repack
Jet Center Medford is a Cirrus Authorized Service Center, and a certified resource for your 10-year Cirrus CAPS parachute system repack. Each Jet Center Medford technician performing a Cirrus aircraft CAPS parachute repack is exclusively trained by Cirrus. In addition, Jet Center Medford is factory-trained on composite repairs and qualified to perform bonding repair to the airframe’s composite structure. The Jet Center Medford paint and restoration department features an exclusive, 6,000-square-foot hangar with a state-of-the-art down draft spray booth.
All work done on your Cirrus CAPS parachute system repack will be compliant with the ATF at Jet Center Medford; because of the propellant-powered rocket that is part of the parachute deployment system, the work is partially governed by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
Jet Center Medford has the superior technicians, equipment, and facilities to reduce your aircraft downtime and provide you with the best service available.
Our qualifications for Cirrus CAPS parachute system repacks include:
- Cirrus Authorized Service Center
- Technicians exclusively trained by Cirrus
- Factory-trained on Cirrus composite repairs
- ATF-licensed to handle explosives
At Jet Center Medford, we are factory-trained for each step of the Cirrus CAPS parachute system repack process. Our process includes:
- Remove the parachute rocket and related components from the airframe
- Remove line cutters (replace if they are due) and disconnect the primary straps from the parachute to remove it from the storage bay
- New parachute cover is fitted (as needed)
- New parachute, hardware and rocket are fitted into the bay
- New cover is bonded into place (as needed)
- Basic body work and painting are utilized to obtain the finished product
- New rocket ignition system is installed and wired to the MCU